Smartphone Photography & Video for Fun & Profit
Our 10th Year at Stewart Hall!
NEW! Starts Wednesday, March 14, 2018
12 1/2 hours over 5 nights
Pointe Claire Cultural Centre - Stewart Hall
176 chemin Bord-du-Lac / Lakeshore Road
Pointe Claire, Quebec
Learn how to Master your smartphone photography and video with superior apps and editing techniques for stunning imagery. Fun tutorials and hands-on demonstrations using exposure and focus controls, slow motion effects, filters and more will enhance your images and videos.
Filter and text apps will give you the stylistic tools to create your own photographic style. Suggested video apps demonstrated LIVE in class will show you how to produce truly dynamic High Definition cinematic movies!
Learn the art of photography and video (your choice) through four challenging assignments and helpful critiques.
12 1/2 hours over 5 nights - from 7pm till 9:30pm
Only ONE Session!
Dates Wednesday evenings: March 14, 28, April 4, 11, 18, 25, 2018 *
* No workshop Wednesday, March 21.
Skill level: Beginner to Intermediate
Presented mostly in English, with questions answered in English and French.
If you have a manual, bring it for access to sub-menus.
Maximum class size: 10
- Smartphone photography & video apps with easy adjustments for superior images
- White Balance – how to adjust and why it's important
- “Magic Hour” – paying attention to the quality of light
- How to focus and adjust exposure to create contrast & images with Impact
- How to effectively use the iPhone Portrait and Pano modes
- Processing techniques and filters for unique imagery
- How to prepare and export images to sites like Instagram and Facebook
For Video shooters:
- Learn the best features of Filmic Pro to create superior HD cinematography
- High speed shooting techniques for effective slow motion movies
- Tripod attachments, support gear and microphones for best imagery & sound
Handouts and a Resource List with a "Where to Buy" directory will be provided.
A weekly Photo Assignment will help you practice techniques learned in the workshop and spark your creativity. Participants are encouraged to bring their smartphone to evaluate and provide helpful critique of their projects.
The cost for this five night workshop is $ 92.00 (taxes included)
Register online at:
In the search box, type: smartphone photography
Register by phone, or in person from
Monday to Thursday- 8:30am to 7pm; Fridays- 8:30am to 4:30pm
at the Stewart Hall Cultural Centre,
176 chemin Bord-du-Lac/Lakeshore Road in Pointe Claire.
For more information, please call: 514-630-1220
to be missed!