Digital Photo 101 - Getting started in the Digital World
NEW! Winter Photography Workshops
North Hatley Library
165 rue Main, North Hatley, QC
starts Monday, April 15, 2013
12 1/2 hours over 5 nights
So you just bought a new digital camera or received one as a gift, and you're overwhelmed by all those menus, buttons, and tiny icons you see displayed everywhere on the LCD screen.
In this hands-on workshop, you will learn how to use the BEST features of your camera, including the menus and settings, while learning composition techniques to get the best shot possible. You will be shown how to download your images into your computer, then how to process selected images in programs like Picasa and Adobe Photoshop Elements with various corrective tools, before resizing them for the web, printing or for emailing to friends and family.
Learn the art of photography through class assignments and helpful critiques.
12 1/2 hours over 5 consecutive Monday evenings - from 7pm till 9:30pm
NEW Dates: Monday - April 15, 22, 29, May 6 & 13, 2013
Recommended for Beginners, this workshop is given mostly in English.
Bring your camera and operating manual.
Maximum class size - 10
- Introduction to the Art of Digital Photography
- Fundamentals of How a Digital Camera works
- Comparing Digital and Analogue (Film)
- Digital Camera Menus and Functions
- File Size and File Formats
- Exposure and Composition
- Camera and Print Resolution - how much do you need?
- White Balance – how to adjust and why it is important
- “Magic Hour” – paying attention to the quality of light
- How to use the free image processing software Picasa, or
the more comprehensive Adobe Photoshop Elements 11
- Learn how to prepare and print your digital images
Each week, a handout will be given with the evening’s topic providing detailed information. A weekly photo assignment will help you practice techniques learned in the workshops. Participants are encouraged to bring in their cameras with flash cards, to evaluate and provide helpful critique of their projects.
The cost for this five night workshop is $80 (per person - GST & QST taxes extra)
To Register please call 514-403-4044 or email: email@example.com
Note: Participants must join or be existing members of the North Hatley Library
to be missed!