Digital Photo 201: Taking Creative Control!
Our 12th Year at Stewart Hall!
Starts: Monday, April 6, 2020
Register soon - Places available!
12 1/2 hours over 5 nights
Pointe Claire Cultural Centre at Stewart Hall
176 chemin Bord-du-Lac / Lakeshore Road
Designed exclusively for DSLR and mirror-less camera owners, learn how to shoot and process your images using the superior RAW format. In this Advanced hands-on workshop, portraiture, landscape, slow-motion and night photography will be taught.
Take creative control using Manual mode, selective focus, mixing ambient light with flash fill, plus other techniques for stunning imagery!
Learn easy processing techniques with Adobe Photoshop Elements.
Four unique assignments and helpful critiques will enhance your skills!
12 1/2 hours over 5 consecutive evenings - from 7:30pm till 10pm
Dates: Mondays- April 6 to May 11, 2020 *
* No class Monday April 13 - Easter Monday
Skill level: Intermediate.
Suggested prerequisite: Digital Photo 101
Recommended for persons with digital DSLR and mirror-less cameras such as
Nikon, Canon, Sony, Lumix, Olympus, Pentax etc.
Bring your camera and operating manual.
Presented mostly in English.
Questions answered in English and French
Maximum class size: 10
- How to effectively use Manual mode for night photos, silhouettes and more
- Creating dreamy landscapes with filters and slow shutter speeds
- Exposure Compensation (EV)- Using this tool for better exposed images
- Metering: When to use Matrix/Evaluative, Center Weight and Spot modes
- How to use in camera bracketing for best exposure & HDR imagery
- the RAW format: What it is, How to use it
- The Histogram- How to Read and Use Successfully
- Selective Focus- Using DOF (Depth of Field) effectively to create impact
- Flash fill & flash exposure compensation- Advanced techniques for indoor
and outdoor photography combining ambient background light with flash
Adobe Photoshop Elements Basics:
- How to utilize the Adobe RAW converter including the Highlights, Shadows, Clairity, Vibrance, Sharpening tools and more
- Noise reduction techniques for high ISO images
- Cropping tips for stronger images
- How to effectively use the Dodge, Burn, Clone and Healing tools
- Shadow and highlight adjustment
- Using Levels and Curves to improve an image
- Adding multiple borders and type to enhance your images
- How to add your copyright to images and why it's important
- Resizing and sharpening techniques - for email, social media & prints
Handouts will be given with the evening's topic providing detailed information. A weekly Photo Assignment will help you practice techniques learned in the workshops. Participants are encouraged to bring in their camera with its memory card, to evaluate and provide insightful critique of their projects.
The cost for this five-night workshop is $96.00 (taxes included)
Register now to secure your spot!
Register online at:
If a French form appears and you want English, click on the English link top left.
Then in the search box, type: photography. Press Enter. Select this course!
Register by phone, or in person from
Monday to Thursday- 8:30am to 7pm; Fridays- 8:30am to 4:30pm
at the Stewart Hall Cultural Centre,
176 chemin Bord-du-Lac/Lakeshore Road in Pointe Claire.
For more information, please call:
to be missed!