Digital Photo 201: Taking Creative Control!
An Advanced Digital Photography Workshop
Our 10th Year at Stewart Hall!
Starts: Monday March 12, 2017
12 1/2 hours over 5 nights
Pointe Claire Cultural Centre - Stewart Hall
176 chemin Bord-du-Lac / Lakeshore Road
Expand your skills and learn new techniques in this Advanced workshop. Designed exclusively for DSLR and compact mirror-less camera owners, in this hands-on workshop, you will learn how to shoot and process your images using the superior RAW format, taking creative control using Manual mode, selective focus, flash fill and other techniques for stunning imagery.
Learn easy processing techniques with Adobe Photoshop Elements. Portraiture, landscape and night photography will be covered.
Four unique assignments and helpful critiques will enhance your skills!
12 1/2 hours over 5 consecutive evenings - from 7pm till 9:30pm
Dates: Monday March 12, 19, 26, April 9, 16, 2018 *
*No class Monday April 2, 2018 - Easter Monday
Skill level: Intermediate.
Suggested prerequisite: Digital Photo 101
Recommended for persons with digital SLR (DSLR) and mirror-less cameras,
such as Nikon, Canon, Pentax, Olympus, Sony etc.
Bring your camera and operating manual.
Presented mostly in English.
Questions answered in English and French
Maximum class size: 10
Course Outline :
- RAW – What it is, How to use it
- How to effectively use MANUAL mode
- Metering – When to use Matrix, Center Weight and Spot modes
- How to use bracketing for best exposure & HDR imagery
- The Histogram – How to Read and Use Successfully
- Exposure (EV) Compensation - How to fine tune your imagery
- Selective Focus – Using DOF (Depth of Field) effectively
- Flash Fill & Flash Exposure compensation – Advanced techniques for indoor
and outdoor photography
Photoshop Elements 11 to 15 Basics:
- Using Curves and Levels to Improve an Image
- Dodge, Burn, Clone and Healing tools
- Shadow and highlight adjustment
- Adding borders and type to enhance your images
- Sharpening techniques - for email, social media & prints
Handouts will be given with the evening’s topic providing detailed information. A weekly Photo Assignment will help you practice techniques learned in the workshops. Participants are encouraged to bring in their camera with its memory card, to evaluate and provide insightful critique of their projects.
The cost for this five-night workshop is $ 92.00 (taxes included)
Register online at:
In the search box, type: Photo 201
Register by phone, or in person from
Monday to Thursday- 8:30am to 7pm; Fridays- 8:30am to 4:30pm
at the Stewart Hall Cultural Centre,
176 chemin Bord-du-Lac/Lakeshore Road in Pointe Claire.
For more information, please call:
to be missed!